Monday, January 16, 2017

monday rewind

Remember how I mentioned it was a miracle I made it through last week?


It's even more of a wonder I kept my run streak up. Especially considering Saturday night I finished my run half an hour before midnight.

Talk about cutting it close!

But my toughest runs last week were also my shortest ones. Thursday morning I woke up congested but ready to run. I was going to do an easy out and back 5K before going into work since it was going to be a long day. Ryan grumpily got up and ran with me, since it was still dark. But after the first mile I was so congested and short of breath I had to stop and walk. After a bit of angry tears, Ryan and I walked back home without finishing the rest of the run.

After a really long day at work on Thursday, I woke up Friday exhausted with a really bad stomach ache. More tears and a short pep talk from Ryan had me out the door shuffling through a one mile jaunt around our neighborhood.

Saturday, I woke up feeling more refreshed. Thinking I would be out of work by late afternoon, I skipped a morning run and headed to work. Over fourteen hours later I drove like a mad man to get home in time for a run. Pumped that physical inventory was over, I ran an easy mile just before Saturday ended.


Now, I'm just really glad it's all over. If only I didn't have to do it again in October...

How do you stay on track with your workouts when work or life gets in the way? Do you power through or catch up later? If your life works perfectly, please tell me how.

Until the next rewind, peace out, lifers.

- Allison Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment