Monday, January 2, 2017

monday rewind

Okay guys, we're two days in. How's your new year going?


Mine is off to a hilly and delicious start. Although, if you ask smashrun, it's not a good start since I didn't get that that first heart healthy week...


I'll be sharing my new year's goals in a couple days, but one of them is to run every day. And after reading an article about a sixty-eight year old runner came through my news feed, I'm want to make it a point to run at least a 5K everyday.

This runner had gone out for at least three miles everyday for thirty-six years. THIRTY. SIX. YEARS. He even upped his mileage after he retired, eventually going out for six to eight miles every. damn. day. Back in October, his streak ended when he was hit by a car out on a run. He thankfully survived and is working to get back out and running.

He's going to be how I shame myself into running more than a mile on days I feel like being lazy. Maybe I'll label those runs #robertsmademedoit. 


Tomorrow will be my first day back with my team since mid-December and while I'm looking forward to seeing them again, I'm not looking forward to my alarm clock tomorrow. Ugh.

What are you looking forward to this year? Any big plans or goals? What keeps you motivated and on track? 

Until the next rewind, peace out, lifers.

- Allison Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment