Monday, January 9, 2017

monday rewind and the year so far

I am officially, eight days, and twenty-five miles into twenty-seventeen. 


I'm also in with enchiladas and pizza waffles. So I'm pretty much breaking even. #whatdiet

Also - is that chart not that saddest thing ever?

This past week I continued my streak and goal to run everyday. I busted out a 5K each day, even though there were a couple runs I did only an hour or so after eating (terrible idea, by the way). I haven't started cycling or swimming yet this year. I'm currently going on like a year off of doing either seriously. 

Maybe I'll add "set up pain cave" to Ryan's list of stuff to do this week. I just have to make sure he's not too busy destroying my kitchen (RIP linoleum).


Now, I know this week has already started strong with another 5K today, but the latter half of the week is going to be a challenge getting in the miles. I'm back on site for work (after working from home for two months) and Thursday through Saturday is our physical inventory. 

If you've never been through an inventory process, first, I hate you, and second, say a little thanks to whatever powers may be. 

Physical inventory is basically when you go out and count every. single. piece. of material or product on site. From little bottles of stuff to tankers full of gunk. And since we have A LOT of material sitting around, I'll be working a few 17 hour days back to back. 

The options are either potentially sneak out at lunch and get in the miles or definitely crank out the miles before going in. I think I have to err on the side of caution and get them in beforehand. It just means that I won't be getting that much sleep.

And I'm a sleep person. 

Maybe I'll become a coffee person.


Probably not.

How's your year going so far? Are you breaking even or better? What are you looking to get into this year? Something old? Something new?

Until the next rewind, peace out, lifers.

- Allison Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment