Thursday, April 30, 2015

To Do Lists

I love lists. 

I live and die by lists. At any given time there could be five lists floating around the apartment, my cubical at work, or in the bottomless abyss that is my bag. Lists are my thing. Crossing stuff off my lists is something like pure heaven.

I must be the weirdest person ever. 

This past weekend I wanted to do SO MUCH. Naturally, I wrote a list. This is what it looked like:

hilly bike ride (two for one Sunday)
long bike ride
run (Saturday)
bake (peanut butter apple bars, yum!)
new recipe (I slow cooked a ham?)
pictures 
clean
laundry (Monday)
mow lawn (wouldn't start, trimmed trees and raked instead)
criminal minds
farmers' market
married at first sight (obsessed!)
practice softball
repot plants 
buy big planter for raspberry bush (Ollie's FTW)
x-ray (Friday)

I'm almost positive my husband thinks I'm crazy all half the time. Especially when this is the "before" of me repotting my house plants.


Once I get an idea in my head, I envision what I need to do and do it in the exact order and way I imagine it. If it doesn't happen, I tend to go a little crazy. I'll call it a quirk. Quirks are cute, right? Crazy is just, not cute.

I've accumulated so many plants since college. My apartment nearly looks like a jungle. One plant here. Another from Nana. One plant sprouted a new one. It's ridiculous.

My first goal? Get rid of the plastic pots. As my mother-in-law would say, "It looks generic." The only pot I did buy was for my snake tongue plant. All these other ceramic pots I've had. They were just waiting for fresh soil and a new plant.


By the time all was said and done, I had a huge pile of dirt in the middle of the kitchen floor, three less plastic pots, still more empty ceramic ones, and a husband with a broom. A total win if I ever saw one.


It took about two hours to replant pretty much every plant I have. But I'm really happy with the way they look and they all have fresh soil mixed in now too. It's things like that, when you cross them off your list, you just breath a little easier. 

I mean, it's totally pointless. But it feels so good. Especially when I can rearrange the plants and take back my basket.


Not too shabby, huh? Now it's time to start on my next to do list. Still up? Cleaning...

No comments:

Post a Comment