Monday, April 6, 2015

Fitness Flash

We are officially back in business.


In fifty-four short days, Ryan and I are competing in our first triathlon. It's a little terrifying. I mean, at this point, we're both pretty confident that we could finish. It's just where we finish in the pack.

If I'm going to be honest, I'll be happy to not get hypothermia during the swim and finish crawling over the line. We all have priorities, okay?

This second month of training is prepping our endurance. Which means longer bikes, faster swims, and longer runs. I'm not quite up to 5K distance yet with my runs, but I'm working on it.

After falling and hurting my shoulder on the bike last week, we skipped the swim over the weekend and let it rest up. It's not impressive by any means, but here's how last week shaped up:


I can't wait to see how we improve over these next four weeks. It might be difficult to do everything on the plan, since we're going up north for the next two weekends, but I think some creative thinking might do the trick.

Or maybe I should pray a little that Spring visits the North Country.


No comments:

Post a Comment