Sunday, March 22, 2015

The End of Three Day Weekends

Why do vacations have to end?


Life is so much fun without responsibilities. Driving off into the sunset (quite literally) to places unknown? It's pretty neat. It's also pretty awesome to spend life looking at this face.


Saturday, Ryan and I walked around downtown Burlington, going in and out of all the little shops on their main arcade. He was such a good sport about it. I even dragged him through a four story store. I do think it helped I buttered him up first with an oil and vinegar tasting at Saratoga Olive Oil Company. Midway through our stroll, he was even convinced we needed a pizza stone.


But after the most fantastic lunch at the Farmhouse Tap & Grill and a quick stop at Ben & Jerry's, we headed back to the car empty handed. I was definitely okay with that.

The rest of Saturday was very low key. We headed back to the hotel and binged on television. By the time we had dinner we had watched enough food shows to make us hangry and enough crazy people shows to wish we were in a coma. I mean, who gets married at first sight?!

Incidentally, I found a new show I'll be watching. Tell me you watch it too?

Waking up today was much too hard. Back to Troy. Back to real life. Back to diets and lots more exercise. Ugh.


As much as I'm looking forward to spring and the wonderful things that it brings, the last dregs of winter do hold some appeal.

With a long detour keeping off the main highway, I think we even found where we belong.


How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment