Thursday, March 12, 2015

In Sickness and Health

I haven't slept next to Ryan for the past two nights.

I haven't even touched him, really, in the past two days. And it's been killing me. I'm having husband withdrawl. Seriously, I need some cuddles.

The other night Ryan came down with the norovirus. Which is pretty much a winter time stomach bug that wrecks your body for two days. It also spreads pretty easily, apparently only needing four to twenty particles to infect its next victim.

Which is why Ryan instituted an isolation zone around him.

The first night he resigned himself to the couch. The next day, while I was at work, he took over our bed and kicked me to the couch. After I lysoled the crap out of it first though, of course.


The most contact we've had is when I kiss him on the forehead goodbye in the morning and when I come home from work. The self imposed isolation I suppose is working, since I don't have any symptoms yet. And I know he's really hoping I don't catch it. I've resigned myself to the inevitable.

I mean isn't life all about sharing? And marriage, in sickness and health?

I feel like two days of being out of comission is worth it to hug my husband again. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment