Sunday, February 8, 2015

Fitness Flash

Sometimes, my life is crazy. 

This past week kind of reinforced that. It was full of snow, work, family, and more snow. I mean, it's crazy, in a good way. If you can imagine that.

And there was lots and lots of driving. Like LOTS of driving.

During the week, I led a résumé and cover letter workshop at my alma mater, SUNY Potsdam. I was really nervous. I was incredibly nervous. But it was awesome and I think the kids got a lot out of it. The ten kids who showed up got to hear me ramble on about résumés, one of my favorite subjects. Seriously, I love talking about résumés. I think it's a problem.

I really love visiting Potsdam and giving back. I mean, they gave me a husband and a good education. The least I can do is come back and talk.

Unfortunately, Potsdam is 200 long miles away. Our normal three and a half hour trip took four and a half with all the snow that's been coming down. Don't get me wrong, it made for pretty landscapes but terrible roads.

Fortunately, Potsdam is a hop, skip, and jump away from Norfolk, where Ryan's parents live. So we were able to stay and spend time with them. We even got to hang out with his sisters and our nephews.

It was a fantastic way to end the week.

Even with all this craziness, I still got my work out on. My physical therapist had me run on Wednesday, which was the first time I've run since like Thanksgiving. It still hurts, but I think it's a different type of pain. I just hope it all gets me back to running with no pain. 

Here's how I shaped up this week:


Sometimes I feel like I need to zone out from weeks like these. Even my mom told me I should slow down and take an hour to myself. But man, what a great, crazy life I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment