Monday, December 26, 2016

monday rewind

Guys, I got the worst christmas present yesterday.


I FOUND A GRAY HAIR.

It was promptly removed after my mini meltdown. This is now the beginning of the end for me. I should probably quit running and eat all the foods I've yet to try and all the ones I love. Desperate times, guys. 

Also - who has ever broken a measuring cup getting brown sugar? It blew my mind. I was just getting excited to make these apple chips and the freaking handle just snapped off. I have to find a better way to store my sugar...
 

Running this past week was pretty good. I actually made it through six days of my run plan. Then it was christmas. So that derailed 0.000001 seconds after I opened my eyes.

It was really the ice on the roads that derailed it. But rather than lose my run streak, I headed to my in-laws' backyard and the woods next to their property. Everything was covered in snow with a thin layer of ice on top.

I don't think I ever worked that hard for a freakin' mile. Ryan even made fun of me  because I had to pick my feet up so high. Trail and snow running is hard. I definitely earned all the cheddar balls I inhaled later that day.


Okay, maybe not all of them. Probably a quarter of them. I couldn't help myself. They're so good! 

How was your running last week? Did you do any trail running? What expectations change from road to trail running? I felt great out there running but it was slow going. 

Until the next rewind, peace out, lifers.

- Allison Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment