Monday, November 28, 2016

monday rewind

Are you still recovering from last week's perpetual food coma? I know I'm still recovering. It's like the never ending story of leftovers. God help us all.


I do hope that your thanksgiving was full of family, food, and fun. 

My Thursday was full of running, family, food, and fun. Troy had it's annual turkey trot and Ryan and I did the 10K. And after eating everything we did, we definitely needed the extra calories. Although I'm pretty sure they were gone before dinner even started...macaroni and cheese is my downfall. 


One thing I noticed out on the course was that a lot of runners seemingly NEED to listen to music on their runs. While I admit I once needed it to get started running, I never listen to music on my runs anymore. It's just me, my shoes on pavement, and the ever present city hum. Can someone explain the music thing to me? Do you focus on the music? Do you zone out? How do you mull over your first world problems? Please tell me. Pretty please?

Anyway...on Smashrun, I'm getting pretty close to the last few badges I think I'll get this year. Since I kinda screwed myself over with a short thirteen mile week two weeks ago, I'm forfeiting some of the bigger ones I was working on. But there's always 2017!


How are you working off the holiday calories? Do you have a plan or are you being proactive and avoiding them to begin with? If it's the latter, please tell me how you have so much self control. The cookies do me in.

And mac 'n cheese. Always.

Until the next food coma, peace out, lifers.

- Allison Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment