Tuesday, November 22, 2016

fitness recap

Remember last week when I said I wanted my legs to get their act together so I could get in some serious runs? Well it turns out, my legs weren't the problem. Migraines and other drivers were.


A migraine on Wednesday threw me for a loop that sent me home and on the couch to sleep it off. Although I did manage to head outside and get a super slow run in to keep my streak alive.

Then Sunday happened. 

Sunday was just brutal. It snowed and the roads were complete slush. It would've made my super long run I had planned miserable so I resigned myself to just get an easy 5K in at the gym. Then the accident happened.


On my way to the gym, another driver missed a stop sign and ran into the backside of my car. Thankfully no one was hurt and the other driver accepted full responsibility (silver linings?). Now, it's dealing with the insurance of it all. I have my fingers crossed it's not a total loss.

So despite not wanting to run on slushy roads I did one mile on 'em anyway.


I then spent, literally, the rest of the day baking. I made...

   ▪ dinner rolls, which I can never quite get right,
   ▪ pepper and nutmeg popovers, that desperately needed some gravy,
   ▪ herbed flat bread, that made perfect pizza bases,
   ▪ an adapted almond pound cake, at Ryan's request, and
   ▪ an apple cake in the shape of an apple!

And while I most certainly bake my feelings, I do have to say that apple cake was the cutest thing I've ever eaten.

Here's hoping the rest of this week goes as planned.

Until the next life challenge, peace out, lifers.

- Allison Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment