Tuesday, November 15, 2016

fitness recap

I did it guys! I finishing training and raced my first 15K. Here's Ryan and I on Sunday morning...


That guy in the picture with us is my mom's coworker who was 62 on race day! I'm not even mad when I say he beat me by 10-20 seconds (depending on whether you look at gun time or net time). Even more impressive is that Ed Whitlock, the eighty-five year old who's been CRUSHING distance records, ran too and set yet another record. 

He beat both of us. 

I hope I have a tenth of the energy he has at eighty-five when I get there. 

The stockadeathon was a terrific experience and I already can't wait to run it again. The course is pretty hilly, with back to back hills at mile seven that are downright rude, but overall a great scenic route. And that last half mile that's all downhill is godsend.

So while I didn't get in any other training this past week I did keep up my run streak (currently at day seventy-eight). Here's what it looked like...


My goal for the race was a 11:15 pace but I blew that out of the water with 10:34s. My legs are rebelling this week and I guess I kinda deserve that? I'm just hoping that they get their act together by tomorrow. 

What's on your plan for this week? Running, biking, swimming? Maybe a little strength training. (I know I need to get some of that in.)

Until the next fitness recap. Peace out, lifers.

- A. Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment