Friday, January 8, 2016

Thank God it's the Weekend



I just realized that I have been working in private accounting for six years. 

SIX YEARS.

It blows my mind that I've been doing anything for six years. I mean, I've only been writing this blog for a year. But I've been doing accounting for SIX.

I think I'm just in denial that my career started that long ago. Or maybe I'm desperately trying to claim that I'm still a recent graduate?

I mean, I can't say that there's anything wrong with my career. In the past six years I went from intern to senior analyst and I quintupled (yep, you read that right, quintupled) my salary. 

But let's temper that statement by saying I live in upstate New York, okay? I don't live in the City. The cost of living is much more affordable here. 

Anyway. My jobs have taken me to Ohio, Florida, Mexico, Argentina, Germany...it's been an incredible ride. But still. SIX YEARS.

For now, I'm going to focus on getting through the next six days. Because in less days than that, Ryan's flying back to the US. My six months in Germany are hurdling towards the end, but Ryan's time is all but over.  So we're going to live in up in Cologne and not think about Monday. 

Here's to the weekend. 


And by the way, happy birthday lifers.

No comments:

Post a Comment