Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year Thoughts

It's almost impossible to believe that another year has flown right by. And almost more impossible to believe that these six months in Germany are quickly coming to an end. I mean, we just got here!

This year has been undeniably amazing. Ryan and I competed in our first triathlons ever. We moved into a bigger apartment two weeks before moving to freaking Germany! Then we explored seven other countries hand in hand.  We drank beer at Oktoberfest, enjoyed crepes in Paris, and watched the wind move windmills in Holland.

Then we watched as an entire city celebrated the coming new year with thousands of fireworks.



As I start this new year off in a country far away from home, I wanted to make sure I wrote down some things to keep in mind. Call them resolutions, call them aspirations, call them whatever you want. Here's what I want to guide me through this year...

Texture: Gold (recolored) Fonts: Linowrite and Sweet Pea

One of the major things I want to focus on is not being a flake. Ryan and I are both flakes and we enable each other. It's terrible. We get invite to parties or hangouts and then we just flake out. It comes down to us being too damn lazy to go or ditching those to hang out just the two of us.

The other major thing I want to focus on is being present. I pull out my phone all. the. time. I check the time. I check instagram. I look at reddit. It's probably my biggest crutch. My goal this year is to either leave it at home or leave it in my bag all night. Whether it's my family, friends, or just Ryan and I, I want to live in that moment with the people I love.

And then, of course, you can't start the new year without some health and fitness goals. One that I didn't write down is tracking what I eat. Starting today. No matter how bad the day is, I want to finish it and then start fresh the next. Here's the rest of my goals...

Texture: Gold (recolored) Fonts: Bikes, Linowrite, and Sweet Pea

What are some of your resolutions for this year? Anything out of the ordinary?

No comments:

Post a Comment