Sunday, April 9, 2017

chateau labarge updates

My running streak lives on. The flooding in our basement does not. 


I didn't get a chance to post about last week's exercises (spoiler alert - it was just running) because I was catching up on some much needed sleep from last weekend's adventures. I literally went to bed each night before 10pm and some nights I was there by 8pm!

Probably the worst thing you can find is that your previously assumed dry basement, floods in the spring. Then, when you discover that it's not rain water...it's sink, bathtub, and toilet water...it's pretty much the WORST thing. And that was my weekend, last weekend. Home ownership is such a joy.


I mean don't get me wrong, I love that I own a house, MY HOUSE, but a castle with no drain issues sounds nice right about now. You wouldn't even have to throw in a butler. Please start a kickstarter and buy me a castle. #nopressure

THIS weekend, I did absolutely everything I wanted and nothing I didn't. It had lots of sleeping in, raking leaves, chatting with the neighbors, hanging the laundry out to dry, finally priming the living room, and breakfast for dinner. I. LOVE. BRINNER. 

As a side note, when the master's is on, don't ask your husband for help. He will be distracted and possibly paint your hair...


With a $1,000 budget blessed by the painting monster Ryan, words cannot express how excited I am to change up the living room. The hundreds of internet tabs I have open right now *might* paint the picture (how punny!). I can't wait to see how it all comes together. 


Now to figure out how I convince Ryan that this end table is very much necessary.

Until the next home update, go all out, alfalfa sprout.

- Allison Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment