Monday, March 20, 2017

monday rewind

First race of 2017 is officially in the bag.


Saturday wasn't the greatest to start off the season but I think I got all the jitters out.

Last week was just focused on running to prep for the race. I decided to throw one interval session in there (which I've never done before) and thought the day before the race was the perfect day for it. In case you're wondering, the day before a race is not the day to start intervals.

Because of how sore I've been for the past couple days I'm not going to put pressure on my body to do anything more than run my run plan for the week. And if they're slower than slow runs, I'll take those too. Maybe later in the week I'll feel up for a bike ride or a short swim. 


Later this week I'm going to put together a race report and recap my run. Hopefully by then my legs won't be as sore.

What's the first race you have planned for this year? Do you have a goal for it? Did you already run it? And thinking back, what's the race you're most proud of? Mine is my second triathlon at Delta Lake. I can't wait to do it again this July.

Until the next rewind, peace out, lifers.

- Allison Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment