Friday, September 9, 2016

it's the freakin' weekend

Every time I write that post title, I ALWAYS finish the line. It's like a compulsion a la Sheldon Cooper. Do you know the rest of it?

"Baby, I'm about to have me some fun!"

Let's just sweep the context of that song under a rug, though. My weekend will include no freakin'. Just things like lots of sleep, coloring, and running. You know, single lady stuff since Ryan is currently stateside.

Even though he is three thousand some odd miles away, this September is shaping up to be pretty fantastic. So far, I've run my first 15k ever! I've earned a couple of badges for running five and then ten days in a row.



I just finished day eleven and the streak lives on!

Then this past Thursday, Ryan had bought me a ticket to go see Sam Beam (of Iron & Wine) and Jesca Hoop on their Love Letter for Fire tour as an early birthday present. I'm not ready for you yet, 29! First, Sam Beam is eighty percent beard mixed in with a whole lot of pure talent. Second, you know how some people sound exactly like their albums when they perform live? Sam Beam is. So. Much. Better. I bought the tour album to only find out I have no way to play it! No disc player in my laptop. None in the car. Serious first world problems over here.


But first world problems, bring some pretty sweet first world benefits. Like my favorite chocolate being on sale! Guess who's going broke this weekend?

This month is just going to keep getting better and better.

Until the next chocolate bar. Keep it real, happy meal.

- A. Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment