Sunday, May 10, 2015

2015 Recipe Chase | Candied Pecans

I'm pretty sure that when you combine brown sugar and cinnamon you're transported into heaven.


Like, wham, bam, hello Jesus.

These pecans are delectable. They would be my kind of drug. I mean, delicious? Check. Extremely addicting? DOUBLE CHECK.

You can pretty much use any nuts with this recipe, I just had pecans on hand. My sister-in-law made an almond version for Christmas. I ate the entire container. Poor Ryan had crumbs. Until I ate those too.

These would be the easiest and best tasting gift ever. Husband? Take note!

Candied Pecans

Makes: 20, 1 oz servings

Prep Time:  5 min          Oven Time: 60 min

Ingredients

16 oz   pecans (or your favorite nut)
  1        egg white
½  cup brown sugar
½  cup white sugar
 1 tbsp cinnamon
 2   tsp vanilla extract
½   tsp salt

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 250°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or cooking spray).
2. In a large bowl, beat the egg white until foamy. Add the pecans and mix until the pecans look wet.
3. In the bowl, add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Layer the pecans onto the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for one hour, stirring every twenty minutes. The nuts will still seem wet after the first twenty, done after the second, but crispy after the last.
5. Allow the nuts to cool in the pan for two hours (or overnight) before eating.

Calories: 97 per serving

This recipe was inspired by my sister-in-law and Instructables.



Can someone figure out how much it would take to overdose on these? I'll eat one less.

No comments:

Post a Comment