Wednesday, March 25, 2015

2015 Recipe Chase | Strawberry Yogurt

Can I just tell you about my favorite breakfast food ever?


I mean, I've liked yogurt for a long time but it's recently become my favorite. A month of free personal coaching with a coach obsessed with protein intake will do that. Hello 21 grams of protein!

And I like this so much better than the prepackaged flavors. As much as I trust Chobani, I trust myself and what I buy a heck of a lot more. And I can totally customize the flavors. I haven't been too too adventurous, just Apple Cinnamon and Strawberry Vanilla.






Fruity yogurt is ridiculously easy to throw together and you can prep it Sunday night for a week full of healthy breakfasts. There's no measuring or thinking in the morning, you know, when brain power is at a premium.

Strawberry Yogurt

Makes: 5 Breakfasts

Prep Time: 15 min

Ingredients

38oz plain greek yogurt (like Chobani)
2½ cups frozen strawberries
5 tbsp sugar
5 tsp vanilla

Directions

1. Lay out five separate tupperware containers.
2. In each tupperware container, measure out a half cup (or 70 grams) of frozen strawberries.
3. Sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar over the strawberries of each container.
4. Spoon a teaspoon of vanilla extract over the fruit.
5. Measure out 217 grams (yes, really) of yogurt into each container on top of the fruit and sugar. If you don't have a scale, it's a little less than one full cup. This makes an even number of portions from the yogurt container.
6. Refrigerate in layers to let fruit break down and create flavors.
7. When ready to eat, stir all ingredients together and enjoy!

Calories: 203

The recipe is a little tart from the yogurt but there's still a good balance of sweet from the strawberries and added sugar. And as a warning, it sounds super funny when you mix this up. So make sure you're in good company. Then make them jealous with how delicious it looks.


Playing with more flavor combinations is definitely going on the weekend to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment